Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sam Rohrer endorses Maloney in 130th State House Race

Sam Rohrer is probably the most popular political figure in Berks County right now so when he decides to endorse a fellow Republican for the 130th state House District, it could tip the race to David M. Maloney.

Two Republicans - Maloney and Tammy Gore - are seeking the GOP nomination on May 18 to run against two-term incumbent Democrat David Kessler, who is running unopposed in the Democratic primary.

From the Maloney for State Representative campaign:
Gubernatorial candidate Sam Rohrer has endorsed David M. Maloney's run for the state house. Maloney's campaign made the announcement Wednesday. Maloney is a candidate for the 130th State Legislative Seat in Berks County.

Sam Rohrer said "David Maloney is a man I will be able to count on to help me in the state house when I am governor. We will have a tremendous amount of work to do, difficult decisions to make on many important issues. I will be very glad to have David in my corner in Harrisburg."

Maloney said "Sam's endorsement means a great deal to me. I have come to know and respect Sam Rohrer over the years and I truly believe Sam is the right man to be our next governor." Maloney is a self employed carpenter and home remodeler. He is a former Oley Valley School Board member living in Pike Township, Berks County. "Sam's agenda for Pennsylvania is exactly what we need. Sam Rohrer's defense of the family, life, and freedom will be my model as a legislator."

Maloney and Rohrer agree that the keys to economic recovery in Pennsylvania are removing government roadblocks to job creation, reducing the cost of state government and the elimination of school property taxes.

When asked about Republican chances of success in November, Maloney said "Right now, we have momentum on our side here in Pennsylvania. We have strong candidates led by Sam Rohrer. For me personally, I have the energy and the volunteers and the organization behind me to win back the 130th seat, and at the same time I will do whatever I can to help Sam Rohrer become the next governor of Pennsylvania."
Former state Rep. Dennis Leh, who held the 130th House District seat for 20 years, is also backing Maloney and is serving as Maloney's campaign chairman.

For more information about Maloney, visit his campaign Web site, http://www.maloneyforpahouse.com/

Originally posted at TONY PHYRILLAS

No comments: