Friday, September 11, 2009

Thousands expected to March on Washington Saturday

From CNSNews.com:
"I believe there is a new center in American politics around the idea of what we call 'pocketbook conservatism,' " said Matt Kibbe, president and CEO of FreedomWorks, one of more than a dozen conservative organizations sponsoring the march.

Americans from all walks of life have already pledged to show up, Kibbe said, with virtually every one of them telling organizers the same story: " 'I've never shown up at a Town hall meeting, I've never shown up at a protest, I've never even talked to my congressman, but I have to show up now because things (in Washington) are out of control,' " Kibbe said.

This will likely be the largest gathering of fiscal conservatives ever, according to Adam Brandon of Freedom Works.
CNSNews.com - Organizers Predict Thousands of Tea Party Activists Will Attend Saturday’s March on Washington

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: