Sunday, September 13, 2009

Schroder confident he will win 6th Congressional District nomination

State Rep. Curt Schroder, R-155th, issued the following statement in response to the news that 7th Congressional District resident Steve Welch will seek the Republican nomination in the 6th Congressional District:

"The 6th Congressional District was always expected to be a hotly contested race. The interest of Republican candidates from across the state proves how competitive it will be. Over my 15 years in the State Assembly I have been a consistent advocate for fiscal restraint and I have the record to prove it. The support and encouragement I have received for my candidacy from voters in the 6th Congressional District has been overwhelming.

I am confident that my record and my broad support across the district will carry me through the primary."

Schroder was first elected to represent the 155th District of Pennsylvania in the State Assembly in 1994. Prior to his time in the House, Schroder was Prothonotary for Chester County.

He and his wife reside in Downingtown with their two children.

Schroder's campaign Web site is www.vote4curt.com

You can also follow Schroder on Facebook and Twitter

Originally posted at TONY PHYRILLAS

No comments: